Shaheed Peera is the Founder of The Creative Floor Healthcare Awards in London.
1. Tell us how you got into advertising in one sentence.
Guinness Surfer came on TV and silenced a busy pub during a football match–I thought I want to do that.
2. Give us a rundown of the most recent campaign you've worked on?
My day job is Executive Creative Director at Publicis LifeBrands. Just finished a film with Tony Kaye. Humbled and honoured to be in his company. Everyone should send their scripts to him. I learned so much, he’s a genius.
3. What is the best piece of creative work around at the moment?
Walmarts Grocery Pickup ad.
4. What is the next big trend in advertising going to be?
Bringing Big Ideas back.
5. What is a piece of work you wish you had thought of?
"Help I want to save a life" by Droga5.
6. What is your favourite digital tool/App at the moment?
Uber and Calm.
7. A word or phrase you overuse?
Just spit-balling …
8. What did your last social media update say?
More @creativefloor: In a drive to inspire and promote talent we chat to Tim Jones. WARNING: This podcast contains bad jokes, poor impressions, the occasional swear word and dildos. Please do not listen if you are easily offended #tcfawards
9. My dream collaboration is...
The next one.
10. What was a piece of criticism you've received?
I need to suck up more.
11. How about a great piece of advice you've received...
Don’t let others set your own standards.